Matthiola Evening Scented Lilac Stock is an underrated flowering annual. Whilst traditionally grown in cottage style gardens, Matthiola Evening Scented Lilac Stock is being increasingly grown as a filler plant in an amongst established gardens for its stunning orchid-like mauve-lilac flowers which fill the air with an exquisite but subtle fragrance variously described as vanilla, nutmeg, sweet orchid and of course its namesake, flowering lilac. Matthiola Evening Scented Lilac Stock is a relatively quick growing plant. In garden beds with relatively high organic matter and sufficient moisture, Matthiola Evening Scented Lilac Stock can often self-seed, therefore providing a perennial display of colour, without having to worry about the plants taking over the garden.
Advantages of Matthiola Evening Scented Lilac Stock
- Stunning orchid-like mauve flowers
- Exquisite evening fragrance
- Hardy flowering annual
- 55 - 70cm height at maturity
- 30 - 40cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy flowering annual (can often self-seed)
What am I purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Matthiola Evening Scented Lilac Stock
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes