Majorana Sweet Marjoram is a popular Marjoram variety that is often used as a replacement to Oregano as they are closely related with similar aromatic characteristics, including the sweet pine and citrus tones. Majorana Sweet Marjoram is an improved and easy to grow variety of Marjoram. Majorana Sweet Marjoram is a popular perennial herb variety, grown for its beautifully fragrant leaves that are commonly used in a wide-range of culinary delights, similar to Oregano. The variety Majorana Sweet Marjoram has been selected for its superior aromatic characteristics, most specifically its strong traditional flavour and fragrance, unlike many of the newer varieties or Oregano which are purely grown for their aesthetic appeal.
One of the reasons for the popularity of the variety Majorana Sweet Marjoram is more compact growth habit of this variety, meaning the plant can be better maintained and is also generally pest and disease resistant. Indeed, Majorana Sweet Marjoram is often used as a companion plant to repel many insect pests. Since Majorana Sweet Marjoram is an evergreen perennial, provided it is sheltered from frosts, it is generally one of the hardier herbs which will continue provide beautiful Marjoram leaves for your cooking delights, throughout much of the year.
Advantages of Majorana Sweet Marjoram
- Great strong traditional flavour and aroma in an easy to grow plant
- Desirable evergreen perennial for year long harvest, every year
- Harvestable for an extended period
- 40-50cm height at maturity
- Plant in herb garden, allowing at least 50cm space
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow garden herb
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Majorana Sweet Marjoram
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes