Magnolia Goliath Rose is a medium to large evergreen tree with highly attractive foliage consisting of glossy green leaves with chocolate brown undersides, providing an elegant and sophisticated display of colour and texture, all year round. There is of course more to Magnolia Goliath Rose, this variety produces stunningly large white flowers which are typical of Magnolia Grandiflora varieties which have a distinct citrus/orchid fragrance, however none of the flowers are larger in size in the magnolia family than Magnolia Goliath Rose with its individual flowers exceeding 30cm in diameter. The leathery and glossy leaves of Magnolia Goliath Rose ensure this evergreen tree which generally grows to around 4m in the first 5 years (faster in the sub-tropics, slower in Southern Australia), is suitable for a range of high-end applications such as large tree screening in the landscaping industry, as well as for large designer gardens, often as a specimen tree. Once established, Magnolia Goliath Rose is generally quite frost and drought tolerant, making it a versatile tree to be enjoyed for generations as Magnolia Grandiflora trees are renowned for their longevity. Magnolia Goliath Rose is an improved cultivar of the North American, Magnolia grandiflora.
Advantages of Magnolia Goliath Rose
- Beautifully exotic and fragrant flowers
- The largest flowering magnolia, 30cm+ flowers!
- Excellent hedging variety with glossy foliage
- Versatile flowering plant suitable in both pots and in the garden
- Easy to grow and low maintenance
- Resistant to most common pests and diseases
- 3 - 5m height in the first 5 years but can reach 15m+ at maturity
- 3 - 4m apart is a suitable planting distance to form a dense screen, otherwise planted as a specimen
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade during the establishment phases
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy evergreen tree
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Magnolia Goliath Rose
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes