Magnolia Champaca Champak Michelia is a medium sized evergreen tree with highly attractive foliage consisting of large green leaves, providing an elegant lush texture, all year round. There is of course more to Magnolia Champaca Champak Michelia, this variety produces large yellow / pale-orange flowers that are sweetly perfumed with quite an alluring fragrance, making this variety a popular choice as a feature tree in larger garden or public spaces.
The beautiful foliage of Magnolia Champaca Champak Michelia ensure this evergreen tree which generally grows to around 3 - 4m in the first 5 years (faster in the sub-tropics, slower in Southern Australia), is suitable for a range of high-end applications such as large tree screening in the landscaping industry, as well as for large designer gardens, often as a specimen tree.
Advantages of Magnolia Champaca Champak Michelia
- Beautifully exotic and fragrant flowers
- Sweetly perfumed and alluring fragrance
- Hardy evergreen feature tree
- Versatile flowering plant suitable in both pots and in the garden
- Easy to grow and low maintenance
- Resistant to most common pests and diseases
- 3 - 4m height in the first 5 years but can reach 10m at maturity
- 3 - 4m apart is a suitable planting distance to form a dense screen, otherwise planted as a specimen
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade during the establishment phases
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia however should not be grown in frost prone regions
- Hardy evergreen tree
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Magnolia Champaca Champak Michelia
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes