Lomandra Spicata Dwarf Fortress is a fast growing and hardy perennial grass most often grown in landscaping applications for its elegant strappy green foliage, which is contrasted by beautiful vanilla coloured flowers (inflorescence) typically in early Spring. The variety Lomandra Spicata Dwarf Fortress is grown as a foliage plant similar to other Lomandra varieties (including the more common Lomandra Longifolia Warrior), except this variety is typically planted in areas that have higher soil moisture levels and receive more shade, where it is difficult to get other things to grow. Lomandra Spicata Dwarf Fortress is an Australian native and whilst the Spicata species is native to the north coast of NSW and SE QLD, the Dwarf Fortress plants are non-invasive, generally clump into 75x100cm mounds of arching blades of beautiful green foliage and provide an excellent texture many different types of landscapes. Lomandra Spicata Dwarf Fortress is a versatile plant as it is generally low maintenance, will grow in a range of soils ranging from sandy through to clay and will also handle reasonable periods of excessive wetness in the root zone. Whilst not essential, Lomandra Spicata Dwarf Fortress benefits from a deep trim in early Autumn to ensure the tuft remains dense and healthy. Lomandra Spicata Dwarf Fortress is an improved selection of the Australian native Lomandra Spicata, commonly known as Matt Rush.
Advantages of Lomandra Spicata Dwarf Fortress
- Stylish landscaping plant
- Hardy and versatile plant
- Beautiful bladed green foliage
- Cultivar with improved tuft resilience
- 70 - 75cm height at maturity
- 80cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers slightly shaded aspect
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow evergreen perennial grass
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Lomandra Spicata Dwarf Fortress
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes