Lobelia Blue Sapphire is one of those few flowers that is actually blue. Not almost blue, bluish or mauve-blue, but actual blue. Real blue. Like all Lobelia varieties, Lobelia Blue Sapphire is an easy to grow annual groundcover that produces beautiful mounds of stunningly beautiful blue flowers, with little effort. This modern variety of lobelia produces consistently high quality plants with strong vigour and a seemingly endless supply of flowers from Spring through to early Winter or until the onset of the first frosts. This self-seeding variety flowers very quickly (within a month or so) is an ideal cottage plant, as it will generally grow as a quasi-perennial, by renewing itself through naturalised seedlings. The variety Lobelia Blue Sapphire is a modern variety of Lobelia planted for its spectacularly beautiful fountains of blue floral colour. Lobelia varieties are commonly used as a groundcover or border plant in cottage gardens and can also be planted in pots or used in Hanging Baskets or at the base of trees in large pots to provide a display of potted colour.
Advantages of Lobelia Blue Sapphire
- Spectacular blue flowers - real blue flowers!
- Early and extended flowering season (all year round, provided there are no frosts)
- Fast-growing groundcover, suitable for the garden and pots, particularly hanging baskets
- Easy to grow, with seeds typically germinating in 14 - 20 days from sowing
- 10 - 12cm height at maturity
- 10 - 15cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Flowers 4 - 5 weeks after sowing
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy annual, although depending on soil moisture, can be self-seeding
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Lobelia Blue Sapphire
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes