The variety Lilium Superbum Lily Royal, also known as American Tiger Lily, is a flame-orange flowering exotic lilium species variety of lilium grown for its stunningly beautiful flowers that are speckled with burgundy spots. The throat of the flowers have a distinct green star radiating through to the petal mid-rib region, a feature that is used to distinguish this variety from the Asiatic Tiger Lilies. Lilium Superbum Lily Royal flowers freely from Spring through to Summer, with flowers later in the season often exhibiting a deeper colouration, with red fringes of the petals, particularly in cooler climates. Lilium Superbum Lily Royal is one of the potentially trickier varieties to grow (germination can be sporadic if conditions are not ideal). Once established, like all lilium varieties, this variety is a bulbous perennial, which means the plant will come back each Spring with a vengeance, with an even more vigorous burst of elegant colour.
Advantages of Lilium Superbum Lily Royal
- Stunning flame orange flowers with speckled colouration
- Very long flowering season
- Strong healthy vegetative growth ideal for landscaping
- Bulbous perennial plant results in dense clumps of attractive structural foliage
- Extra-low maintenance (suitable for borders, pots and mass plantings)
- 60 - 90cm height at maturity
- 30 - 50cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Perennial bulbous plant fully mature in 2 - 3 years
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Lilium Superbum Lily Royal
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes