The variety Lettuce Little Gem Mini Cos is popular due its mildly sweet flavour and ultra-crispy texture, making it ideal for Caesar salads, a range of other salads and many other culinary delights. Lettuce Little Gem Mini Cos is great for repeat sowing as the variety is harvestable for much of the year and can cope with warmer environments well, whereas most ordinary lettuce varieties would bolt. This popular variety is generally resistant to common pests and diseases that typically affect vegetable gardens and remain harvestable (do not go to flower) for an extended duration. This variety is a favourite for the home vegie-garden, as it is easy to grow and is generally harvested only 6 - 8 weeks from first sowing, therefore providing quick rewards.
Advantages of Lettuce Little Gem Mini Cos
- Mini-Cos type of lettuce
- Quick-growing and ideal for salads
- Early harvest variety (6 - 8 weeks from sowing)
- Easy to grow, particularly if direct seeded
- Generally disease-free if planted in full sun
- 10 - 15cm height at maturity
- 20 - 25cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Annual vegetable
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Lettuce Little Gem Mini Cos
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes