Leptospermum Citratum Lemon Scented Tea Tree is native Australian tea tree variety commonly cultivated as either a hardy landscaping plant, or a source of essential oils; by crushing the leaves, a strong citrus aroma is immediately released. Leptospermum Citratum Lemon Scented Tea Tree is grown in farms where the essential oils are commercially extracted and used in a range of medicinal or cosmetic applications as the oils are believed to have import anti microbial properties. The medium-sized evergreen shrub of Leptospermum Citratum Lemon Scented Tea Tree can also grow into a small elegant tree in a range of gardens, over time. Leptospermum Citratum Lemon Scented Tea Tree is suitable for pots, borders, rockeries, rural/acreage/estate and other garden situations, particularly dry areas where it may be difficult to establish other plants with higher water requirements. Leptospermum Citratum Lemon Scented Tea Tree is generally easy to grow and does not require any maintenance, will tolerate soils with generally poor nutrition and is resistant to most common garden pests and diseases.
Advantages of Leptospermum Citratum Lemon Scented Tea Tree
- Lemon Scented Tea Tree
- Popular cultivar of native species
- Essential oils extracted from leaves
- Easy to grow and low maintenance
- Resistant to most common pests and diseases
- 1 - 2m height in the first 3-years, but may grow up to 3m, in time
- 1m apart is a suitable planting distance for hedging or further apart as a specimen
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy small evergreen tea tree (woody shrub)
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Leptospermum Citratum Lemon Scented Tea Tree
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes