Lavender Truer than True is a premium cultivar of the traditional cottage garden classic, English Lavender. English Lavender varieties, including Lavender Truer than True are widely recognised as producing the most desirable perfume of all the Lavender varieties. In addition to beautifully aromatic flowers, Lavender Truer than True the greenish-silver leafed perennial plant which can be grown either as a fragrant garden herb or used in a broad range of landscaping applications including as a border, hedge or feature plant. This mauve-purple flowering variety flowers more profusely than traditional lavender varieties as the plants are relatively compact, therefore more stable. Like all lavender varieties, Lavender Truer than True does not do well in particularly water-logged positions in the garden, but otherwise is a very hardy and usually quite drought tolerant plant, once established. Lavender Truer than True is an improved selection of the perennial Lavandula Vera variety.
Advantages of Lavender Truer than True
- Traditional lavender fragrance
- Profuse mauve-purple flowering variety
- Dense evergreen foliage suitable for landscaping, including hedges
- Suitable for drying or extracting essential oils
- Harvestable all year round as it is an evergreen perennial herb
- 50-60cm height at maturity
- Plant in herb garden, allowing at least 50cm space
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow perennial garden herb
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Lavender Truer than True
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes