Kennedia Eximia Fine Red Creeper is a prostrate trailing vine originating from Western Australia, however, in recent times has become an increasingly popular garden choice across Australia, where it is often grown as an informal ground cover, particularly in native gardens to attract birds. Kennedia Eximia Fine Red Creeper is a fast growing evergreen climber with dense dark green foliage that give way to stunningly beautifully large pea like scarlet flowers that first emerge with the onset of the warmer weather, and cover much of the plant over the warmer months, through to early Autumn. The flowers are very long lasting and provide a spectacular display over an extended period in both garden & landscape settings, particularly when trellised. In addition to growing this variety as a ground cover, Kennedia Eximia Fine Red Creeper is perfect for growing along fences, on a trellis, throughout an established tree or many other applications, as the dense evergreen foliage provides a consistently stunning display, unlike many other climbers that very quickly get quite woody and either need to be removed or at least pruned back to encourage healthy regrowth. Kennedia Eximia Fine Red Creeper is a very strong garden performer which is both drought and frost tolerant once established, requires very little maintenance and is very resilient towards many common pests and diseases.
Advantages of Kennedia Eximia Fine Red Creeper
- Stunning scarlet pea flowers
- Prostrate trailing vine often grown as a ground cover
- Endemic to Western Australia
- Hardy & easy to grow
- 2 - 3m height at maturity
- 1m apart is suitable planting distance
- Suitable for part-shade and full sun
- Drought & frost tolerant (once established)
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Perennial plant fully mature in 2 - 3 years
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Kennedia Eximia Fine Red Creeper
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes