The variety Iris Ensata Japanese Water Iris is native to Japan, Korea, China and parts of Russia, however has been extensively cultivated predominantly in Japan for many centuries, for its sword like foliage and elegant flowers. The variety Iris Ensata prefers mildly to moderately acidic heavy clay soils and loves wet feet, making it a perfect choice for the edges of water gardens and ponds where the soil can remain wet and waterlogged for extended periods of time. But don't let its hardiness fool you. This variety is amongst the largest flowering iris varieties, with spectacular flowers in shades of blue, purple and white.
Advantages of Iris Ensata Japanese Water Iris
- Stunning flowers in shades of blue, purple an white
- Leaf blades provide stunning texture to landscapes
- Thrives in wet and acidic soils
- Versatile garden plant
- 40 - 60cm height at maturity
- 25 - 30cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy flowering perennial
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Iris Ensata Japanese Water Iris
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes