Hypoestes Pink Splash (also known as the Polka Dot Plant) is a modern hypoestes cultivar bred for its high coverage dense pink foliage, compact growth habit making it a popular choice for bedding colour, and unlike its more common hypoestes cousins, does not have weedy tendencies. This cute but exotic looking plant with its brilliant lush pink foliage, is a popular choice for shady aspects in warmer regions, as well as a staple for indoor plant gardeners, not just as a common houseplant, but often adorning the lobby of hotels and office spaces. This variety is often used in tropical landscapes, as a filler plant underneath large plants such as palms where it is generally quite shady, a challenging aspect where most plants would struggle, but Hypoestes Pink Splash thrives. Hypoestes Pink Splash is generally quite easy to grow and virtually requires no maintenance.
Advantages of Hypoestes Pink Splash
- Impressive pink foliage
- Ideal for bedding and pots
- Suitable for shade & indoors
- Generally grown in tropics and warmer climates, or indoors in cooler climates
- 30 - 40 cm height at maturity
- 30 cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers indirect light, but can tolerate part-shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most warmer regions of Australia
- Easy to grow frost-tender perennial
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Hypoestes Pink Splash
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes