Hymenosporum Flavum Native Frangipani is a stunning evergreen tree which is grown widely across Australia in a range of urban horticulture related applications. The beautiful deep green glossy foliage coupled with the fast growing nature of this tree species make it a popular choice of landscapers, particularly where a large hedge or informal screen is required. However, it is the onset of Spring where Hymenosporum Flavum Native Frangipani does its best work - where the trees are covered with highly fragrant cream coloured flowers that resemble a true frangipani (Plumeria spp.). As the flowers age, they take on a bright canary yellow colour, before turning a range of orange tones. Throughout the warmer months, Hymenosporum Flavum Native Frangipani trees are covered with a spectacle of cream-yellow-orange flowers. Whilst, Hymenosporum Flavum Native Frangipani originates from Queensland and New South Wales, it can be grown across Australia, with the exception of particularly cold regions such as the Alpine country and most parts of Tasmania.
Advantages of Hymenosporum Flavum Native Frangipani
- Highly fragrant flowers in Spring-Summer
- Great choice for attracting native birds
- Attractive foliage - suitable for hedging or screen
- Fast growing native evergreen tree
- 3 - 5m height in 5 years, but can grow larger at maturity, particular in the tropics
- 2 - 3m apart is suitable planting distance for a large screen
- Prefers full sun but can tolerate part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia but avoid frosts
- Hardy evergreen Australian native tree
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Hymenosporum Flavum Native Frangipani
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes