Premium fine grade horticultural vermiculite suitable for assisting in seed germination, improving potting mediums and many other aspects of growing plants successfully. GP Horticultural Vermiculite is a professional grade product used widely by the nursery industry in Australia. Applications include:
- Seed-raising - covering seeds with light weight substrate to provide coverage and retain moisture at surface.
- Improving potting mediums - reduces specific density of a range of potting mixes by providing improved porosity.
- Increasing nutrient retention - provides improved nutrient holding (cation exchange) capacity.
- Other applications - important component in substrates used for growing orchids & mushrooms and is also used for the storage of bulbs.
For Seed Raising
Covering seeds with a light sprinkle of GP Horticultural Vermiculite (especially fine seeds requiring sowing depths of less than 3mm) can assist in improving germination rates by maintaining appropriate seed strata-zone moisture levels. GP Horticultural Vermiculite is particularly effective in improving germination rates of seed varieties requiring light to germinate; common varieties include Gerbera, Gloxinia, Lisianthus and Petunia seeds.
Directions for use: Following the sowing of seeds (depth will vary according to seed variety), spread the GP Horticultural Vermiculite evenly over the seed-raising mix.
Application rate: As a general rule, 30 - 100ml of GP Horticultural Vermiculite should be used cover a standard (350 x 295mm) seedling tray.
Advantages of GP Horticultural Vermiculite
- Uniform size & grade, neutral pH, sterile & non-toxic
- Improves nutrient holding capacity
- Improves physical properties of potting media (density & porosity)
- Improves seed germination rates
- Reduces water wastage & extends times between watering
- Suitable for a wide range of plants
- Great value for money
- Safe, reliable & easy to use
- Premium long life product
- Professional grade product used widely by the nursery industry
GP Horticultural Vermiculite is packaged exclusively for The Climbing Fig into resealable LDPE bags. As the raw material for GP Horticultural Vermiculite is generally only available to wholesale plant growers in Australia, the product is not available in plastic-tubs, but instead packaged into resealable LDPE bags for ease of transport and use.
What am I Purchasing?
- GP Horticultural Vermiculite, of selected pack size