This heirloom variety Gooseberry Goldie is popular, for good reason. This vigorous high-yielding variety produces bright yellow-orange fruit, which actually taste the way gooseberries should, sweet, mildly acidic pineapple flavour and some wildness! Fragrant, sweet and juicy with a smooth texture, unlike the rubbery pulp the supermarkets call gooseberries these days (that is if you can even find them on the shelves)!
The variety Gooseberry Goldie is an early fruiting variety, which is both long-lived, and a strong producer, which is sure to provide an extremely rewarding experience for any gardener, not to mention the kids will have lots of fund picking their own gooseberries. Gooseberry Goldie will require a sunny spot in the garden and for the leaves to remain dry during watering. Gooseberry Goldie is a modern cultivar, therefore has improved disease-resistance ensuring the plant remain healthier for longer.
Advantages of Gooseberry Goldie
- Early fruiting variety
- Abundant supply of fruit - excellent for home-gardeners
- Sweet and juicy yellow-orange smooth and crispy flesh
- Extremely heavy yielding variety, with months of continual harvesting
- Generally vigorous plant, provided it has sufficient nutrition, particularly phosphorus
- 30 - 80cm height at maturity
- 50 - 60cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Requires full sun
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy Spring, Summer, Autumn vegetable (avoid winter frosts)
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Gooseberry Goldie
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes