Geranium Apache Rose Bicolour is a modern hybrid variety of geranium (pelargonium) that has been specifically developed to produce spectacularly bright magenta flowers with white centres on very large flower heads, providing a beautiful display of colour, throughout the year. In the tradition of the Geranium Apache Range, the Geranium Apache Rose Bicolour cultivar incorporates superior plant traits (in addition to the superior floral credentials), including tendency to flower very early from vigorous but compact plants that are generally disease free, drought tolerant and generally hardy; resulting in essentially a reliable flower factory, particularly throughout the warmer months!
Geranium plants are generally very easy to grow, handle dry and neglected conditions such as, nature-strips, public spaces or rural gardens very well and continue to flower uniformly, without the need for any maintenance. Plants in the Geranium Apache Range are typically sold as annuals (to the retail potted plant market), however can be grown as perennial plants if they are not moved once established, provided the plants are not in a region that is frost prone, plants can often be successfully grown as a herbaceous perennial.
All varieties in the Geranium Apache Range provide ideal focal colour in both modern and traditional gardens and may also be grown in pots, planter boxes or as a bedding plant. These heavy flowering varieties produces long-lasting flowers that provide up to 9 - 10 months of brilliant colour. The flower heads are suitable as a cut flowers. Geranium varieties are typically easy to grow and provide spectacular colour. Plants in the Geranium Apache Range are modern cultivar hybrids of the species Pelargonium x Hortorum.
Advantages of Geranium Apache Rose Bicolour
- Very heavy (and large) flowering variety
- Vigorous but compact plant habit
- Very early and extended flowering season
- Spectacularly bright colour
- Very low maintenance
- Drought tolerant once established
- 25 - 30cm height at maturity
- 30cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Generally pest and disease resistant
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow frost-tender flowering perennial
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Geranium Apache Rose Bicolour
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes