Gazania Kiss Frosty Mix is a high performing, landscape grade mix of commercial cultivars of Gazania, with a mix of beautifully large flowering varieties, specifically developed as part of the hybrid Gazania Kiss Frosty Range. In the tradition of the Gazania Kiss Range, the Gazania Kiss Frosty Mix consists of very large flowering, compact plants that are densely covered by the most vivid flowers, throughout most of the year. The use of the word Frosty in the name Gazania Kiss Frosty Mix indicates that the leaves of this variety are a beautiful dusted silver colour, adding extra texture and contrast to the already beautiful flowers. Gazania plants are generally very easy to grow, handle dry and neglected conditions such as roundabouts, nature-strips, public spaces or rural gardens very well and continue to flower uniformly, without the need for any maintenance.
Plants in the Gazania Kiss Range are typically sold as annuals (to the retail potted plant market), but are generally clumping short-lived perennial plants that spread gradually as the clumps grow year after year. If plants are not moved once established, provided the plants are not in a region that is frost prone, plants can often be grown as a self-renewing perennial.
Whilst Gazania plants produce the most spectacularly vivid flowers in the garden (or equally well in pots), the flowers close-up during overcast or night time conditions, rendering these plants as unsuitable as a cut flower.
It is important to recognise that the modern hybrid varieties of gazania, particularly those in the Gazania Kiss Range are infinitely superior varieties when compared to the naturalised or species varieties which are commonly found in cottage gardens, farmhouses gardens or sometimes sold by nurseries that refuse to move with the times! If you are not too concerned about plant durability, or larger flowers from a wider colour palette, then a cheaper option may be some of the so called Sunshine Mixes of Gazanias, however for the more discerning gardener, the award-winning varieties from the Gazania Kiss Range will not disappoint.
Seeds in the Gazania Kiss Range supplied by The Climbing Fig are of the highest standard used by commercial growers.
Extremely large white, yellow, rose and mahogany flowers
- Dusted silver coloured foliage
- Modern hybrid commercial variety
- Quick growing and heavy flowering variety
- Highly drought tolerant
- Versatile flowering plant suitable in both pots and in the garden
- Easy to grow and extremely low maintenance
- 25 - 30cm height at maturity
- 20 - 30cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy flowering perennial (provided grown in frost-free regions)
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Gazania Kiss Frosty Mix
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes