For some brilliant year-round colour, consider Gazania Intrepid Hybrid Mix, a stunning mix of classic gazania colours including whites, yellows and oranges and also includes some newer pink, flame and red variants which collectively provide a simply breathtaking display.
Gazania Intrepid Hybrid Mix is a modern hybrid polyploid variety of Gazania, which means this is an extremely large flowering variety (flowers >10cm across) and is a well-performing bedding selection that has a healthy plant habit consisting of lightly dusted silver/dark green foliage. Whilst in frost-prone areas Gazania plants are typically grown as a frost-tender annual, provided the plants are sheltered or grown in warmer regions, the plants can quite easily be grown as a perennial providing many years of stunning colour. In many parts of NSW and QLD, Gazania plants provide stunning colour 12 months of the year with essentially no water or maintenance requirements!
This recently released superior variety of Gazania is an enormous improvement compared to the naturalised or species varieties which are commonly found in cottage gardens, farmhouses gardens or sometimes sold by nurseries that refuse to move with the times! Gazania Intrepid Hybrid Mix can be interplanted with a range of other summer flowering annuals, including Alyssum, Portulaca, Marigolds and Vincas.
Gazania Intrepid Hybrid Mix produces amongst the largest and brightest flowers of all the Gazania varieties.
Advantages of Gazania Intrepid Hybrid Mix
- Extremely large flowering hybrid mix
- Quick growing and heavy flowering variety
- Add instant colour with little effort
- Highly drought tolerant
- Versatile flowering plant suitable in both pots and in the garden
- Easy to grow and low maintenance
- 25 - 30cm height at maturity
- 20 - 30cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy flowering perennial (provided grown in frost-free regions)
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Gazania Intrepid Hybrid Mix
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes