Festuca Ovina Green Trooper is a fast growing and hardy perennial fescue grass most often grown in landscaping applications for its beautiful and very fine green foliage (grass leaf blades). The variety Festuca Ovina Green Trooper is grown as a border plant, in rockery gardens, in pots and a countless range of modern designer gardens where this low-maintenance plant is a reliable performer, adding sophisticated texture and colour. The plants are non-invasive, generally clump into 25x25cm mounds of fine green grass and provide an excellent contrast for structural features (walls, edging, water feature) or exemplify the colour of flowering plants in the garden, teasing out bright reds, oranges, yellows and purples that contrast spectacularly against the fine foliage. Whilst not essential, Festuca Ovina Green Trooper benefits from a deep trim in early Autumn to ensure the tuft remains dense and healthy. Festuca Ovina Green Trooper is an improved selection of the widely cultivated Festuca Ovina. This variety is a green version of its popular silver-leafed cousin, Festuca Ovina Glauca Dusty Trooper.
Advantages of Festuca Ovina Green Trooper
- Stylish landscaping plant
- Beautiful fine bright green foliage
- Cultivar with improved tuft resilience
- 20 - 25cm height at maturity
- 30cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but can cope with light shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia, however prefers regions with low humidity
- Highly drought tolerant once established
- Easy to grow evergreen perennial grass
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Festuca Ovina Green Trooper
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes