Fatsia Japonica Japanese Aralia is a compact evergreen shrub with beautifully exotic glossy foliage resembling an understory of a tropical rainforest. Whilst common varieties of Fatsia can get quite sparse (leggy) after a while, this is a compact-form, selected specifically for landscape screening purposes and for this reason naturally lends itself for use as a indoor pot plant.
Fatsia Japonica Japanese Aralia is suitable as an informal screening plant (height 1.5 - 2m) or is great as a stand alone specimen particularly in understory (shaded) areas where it may be difficult to establish other plants with higher water requirements. Fatsia Japonica Japanese Aralia is also suitable for pots, particularly indoors as it can handle low light levels quite well (hold on to leaves, hardy evergreen).
Fatsia Japonica Japanese Aralia is often planted under palms, or with ferns or philodendron varieties to provide an exotic display of foliage which can be supplemented with flower colour from a range of species including Azalea, lilies or other shade tolerant varieties.
Fatsia Japonica Japanese Aralia is very easy to grow and does not require any maintenance, will tolerate soils with generally poor nutrition and is resistant to most common garden pests and diseases.
Advantages of Fatsia Japonica Japanese Aralia
- Spectacularly display of glossy foliage
- Compact evergreen shrub (1.5m - 2m)
- Excellent screening variety with robust foliage
- Versatile plant suitable in both pots and in the garden
- Suitable for mass plantings or specimen
- Easy to grow and low maintenance
- Resistant to most common pests and diseases
- 150 - 200cm height at maturity
- 60 - 80cm apart is a suitable for dense under-storey
- Prefers full part shade but can tolerate moderately sunny aspect
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy evergreen perennial
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Fatsia Japonica Japanese Aralia
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes