As any keen bushwalker knows, nothing beats pushing through the understory of a sclerophyll forest looking to make your way to local waterfall or lookout, only to suddenly be overcome by the surprisingly refreshing fragrance emerging from the freshly crushed gum-leaves. Well, as far as aromatic gums go, nothing beats the White Peppermint Gum, Eucalyptus Pulchella, with its attractive foliage consisting of distinctive bluish-silver narrow leaves. Whilst you are unlikely to stumble upon it unless you are hiking in south-east Tasmania, it is increasingly being grown as a feature tree, due not only for its unmistakable peppermint aroma, but because of its spiralling smooth white bark, attractive foliage and stunning cream-white flowers (stamens). Eucalyptus Pulchella White Peppermint Gum endures relatively cool and dry conditions in its natural habitat, however, the variety has adapted well to cultivation in a variety of environments, ranging from cold winters in Victoria all the way up north through to the sub-tropics where it is increasingly becoming a popular choice for its deep foliage and drought tolerance. The smooth bark of Eucalyptus Pulchella White Peppermint Gum is highly desirable as it doesn't shed a pile of bark, making it suitable for many garden and urban horticulture applications.
Advantages of Eucalyptus Pulchella White Peppermint Gum
- Narrow leaves full of aromatic oils
- Beautiful cream coloured stamens
- Stunning evergreen foliage
- Drought-tolerant tree
- Highly sought after Tasmanian Eucalypt species
- 5 - 8m in height in the first 10 years, but can grow as tall as 20m in time.
- 6 - 8m apart is suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy evergreen Australian native tree
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Eucalyptus Pulchella White Peppermint Gum
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes