This is the traditionally grown variety* of medicinal Echinacea with bright pink/purple daisy like flowers, with raised centres. Echinacea is a strong garden performer as it is generally frost-hardy and provides a strong mass of flowers in a range of garden settings, including as a companion plant for vegetable and herb gardens. The specific flower colour (petals and centre) may vary slightly depending on local soil conditions.
Echinacea Heirloom - Improved is an improved selection of the traditional species of Echinacea purpurea.
Advantages of Echinacea Heirloom Improved
- Early and extended flowering season (flowers within 8 - 9 weeks)
- Highly suitable as a cut flower
- Extended flowering season
- 50 - 60cm height at maturity
- 30 - 40cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy herbaceous perennial
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Echinacea Heirloom Improved
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes