Echeveria Cante is a very rare variety of Echeveria, a spectacular flowering succulent with a growth habit that consists of silvery rosettes of up to 30cm across, before daughter rosettes emerge, and the plant forms a rosette mound. The rosettes gradually change colour, with the younger (inner) leaves initially a powdery silver and as the leaves mature, they become pink-tipped and even develop a pink underside, provided they are getting enough sunlight.
Echeveria Cante does well in pots (including terrariums), rockeries and wide range of gardens, and like all succulents is very drought tolerant. The silvery rosettes make this variety a great addition to any garden as the bold texture provides great contrast, and can be used quite effectively in softening (from a landscape design perspective) hard surfaces such as steps, edging or a fence-line.
As Echeveria Cante is very hardy and maintenance free, it is often used in mass plantings in public spaces as it is a reliable performer.
Important note: The seeds of all Echeveria varieties are very small, in fact tiny. You will need to place the clear seed packet on a white piece of paper and hold up to a bright light to see the seeds. Please do not contact us telling us the seed packet was empty! If you are unable to see the tiny seeds, ask someone with better eyesight to assist. Given the small seeds, this variety is best started-off in small (~30mm) coir Jiffy pellets, ideally inside a suitable Plant Propagation Kit (also available from our online store).
Advantages of Echeveria Cante
- Silvery & pink-tipped foliage
- Drought-tolerant perennial
- Hardy rosette forming succulent
- 25 - 30 cm height at maturity
- 30 cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy succulent
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in ~30mm Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Echeveria Cante
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes