Dietes or more often referred to as African Iris varieties are popular as they are hardy and very strong garden performers because of their textured leaf-blades, beautiful flowers and resilience towards many common pests and diseases. Unlike many of the common and wild varieties of Dietes which tend to flower infrequently and generally shed excessive leaves post-flowering, the Dietes Bicolor TCF Sunrise Lily cultivar is specifically suited to landscape applications because of its superior performance. The Dietes Bicolor TCF Sunrise Lily cultivar has also been selected for its brighter yellow flowers that are brighter than the bicolor species variety. Common and wild varieties and names of Dietes include, African Iris, African Lily, Fortnight Lily, Yellow Iris, Spanish Lily, Peacock Flower and Butterfly Flag.
Advantages of Dietes Bicolor TCF Sunrise Lily
- Profuse flowering with striking yellow colour (suitable for cut-flowers)
- Extended flowering season (most of the year)
- Strong healthy vegetative growth
- Extra-low maintenance (suitable for borders, pots and mass plantings)
- 50 - 60cm height at maturity (will clump up to 40-50cm)
- 25 - 30cm apart is suitable planting distance for clumping
- Flowers warmer months (spring, summer, autumn)
- Suitable for part-shade and full sun
- Drought & frost tolerant
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Bulbous perennial plant fully mature in 2 years
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Dietes Bicolor TCF Sunrise Lily
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes