Delphinium Belladonna is a modern hybrid variety of delphinium specifically bred to produce spectacularly beautiful sky-blue flower spikes. Delphinium Belladonna is a large cultivar variety which means that it will grow to about 1m to the top of the flower spikes. Delphinium Belladonna is a flowering annual that will generally first flower in Spring and produce an even more spectacular crop of flowers through to early Summer and even into Autumn if they are not in a frost prone area. At The Climbing Fig we stock a range of Delphinium varieties, including the famed Delphinium Dark Black Knight, as well as the related Larkspur varieties, Larkspur Cannes Deep Pink and Larkspur Imperial Giants Mix.
Advantages of Delphinium Belladonna
- Profuse flowering with flower spikes suitable as cut-flowers
- Sky-blue coloured flowers in spectacular large floral spikes
- Extra-low maintenance (suitable for borders, pots and mass plantings)
- 80 - 100cm height at maturity
- 30 - 50cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Flowers from late winter through to early autumn
- Suitable for part-shade and full sun
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Flowering annual - best sown in Autumn or early Winter as seeds require cooler temperatures to germinate
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Delphinium Belladonna
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes