Cryptomeria Japonica Mezurashi Yama is an ancient species of Japanese conifer (Japanese Cedar, not a true cedar) most commonly grown as a stunning bonsai specimen, as the arching branches, fine foliage and ornate bark combine to form a sophisticated looking plant closely mimicking nature in all its glory, the true purpose of Bonsai. The Cryptomeria Japonica species are sacred in Japanese culture, with many tree plantings in the grounds of shrines and temples dating back centuries, capturing the essence of the beauty of this plant. Cryptomeria Japonica Mezurashi Yama is a compact cultivar of Cryptomeria specifically selected for its more compact and robust growth (closer internode distance), providing creative opportunities for more versatile bonsai creations. Whilst Cryptomeria Japonica Mezurashi Yama is suitable for pots, rockeries, rural/acreage/estate and other garden situations, Cryptomeria Japonica Mezurashi Yama is most suitable as a stunning bonsai specimen.
Advantages of Cryptomeria Japonica Mezurashi Yama
- Highly ornamental and ornate conifer
- Ancient species of Japanese Cedar (Cryptomeria)
- Cultivar ideally suited for bonsai
- Easy to grow and low maintenance
- Resistant to most common pests and diseases
- 2 - 3m height in the first 5-years, but may grow much larger as the tree matures
- 1m apart is a suitable planting distance for hedging or further apart as a specimen
- As a bonsai the plant can easily be kept at a height of 15 - 20cm for 30years+
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy evergreen conifer
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Cryptomeria Japonica Mezurashi Yama
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes