Cordyline Morning Sword is a very stylish yucca like landscaping plant with beautiful wide strappy green leaves. Older plants develop beautiful trunks and grow in to small elegant evergreen trees with a maximum height of 3-4 metres. This stylish variety of Cordyline is often used in high-end designer gardens, plantings in high-visibility feature areas, including foyer and pot applications. The beautiful strappy purple leaves anchored to the sculptural stems/trunks provide an exquisite display all year round.
Despite the timeless appeal of Cordyline Morning Sword, the plants are actually very robust, however can sometime be a little tricky to germinate the seeds. They are generally pest and disease resistant and handle a very diverse range of growing conditions from very hot to quite cold. Unlike many of the common and wild varieties of Cordyline which tend to grow irregularly and are often difficult to establish, Cordyline Morning Sword is highly suitable for landscape applications because of its superior performance. Cordyline Morning Sword is an improved selection of Cordyline Indivisa, a variety more commonly known as the Green Cabbage Tree.
Advantages of Cordyline Morning Sword
- Strong healthy architectural foliage ideal for landscaping
- Beautiful specimen plant ideal for high-impact feature
- Textured trunk with beautiful shape
- Extra-low maintenance (very hardy)
- 120 - 150cm height in the first 2-3 years, but can grow to 3m+ over the years
- 2.5m apart is suitable planting distance though these are generally planted as features
- Will grow in part-shade but prefers full sun
- Generally quite hardy
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Cordyline Morning Sword
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes