Cordyline Lipstick Rubra is a very stylish tropical-looking landscaping plant with beautiful wide strappy pink-purple leaves. Cordyline Lipstick Rubra is often used in high-end designer gardens, plantings in high-visibility feature areas, including foyer and pot applications. The beautiful strappy pink-purple leaves an exquisite display of evergreen all year round. Cordyline Lipstick Rubra is best planted in at least a part shade aspect, to ensure the leaves are not scorched by the sun and is often planted underneath palm or other trees to provide a contrast in colour and texture.
Despite the exotic appeal of Cordyline Lipstick Rubra, the plants are actually very robust once established. They are generally pest and disease resistant and handle a very diverse range of growing conditions from the tropics and sub-tropics, through to colder environment in southern Australia, provided the plants are not in frost-prone areas. Cordyline Lipstick Rubra is also suitable for growing in pots as well as in indoor applications including stunning indoor rain forests or other indoor gardens.
Advantages of Cordyline Lipstick Rubra
- Beautiful pink-purple leaves
- Strong healthy architectural foliage ideal for landscaping
- Beautiful specimen plant ideal for high-impact feature
- Hardy evergreen perennial
- 120 - 150cm height in the first 2-3 years, but can grow up to 2m at maturity (in the tropics)
- 1m apart is suitable planting distance though these are generally planted as features
- Prefers part-shade aspect
- Generally quite hardy
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Cordyline Lipstick Rubra
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes