Clitoria Ternatea Blue Butterfly Pea is a fast growing perennial evergreen climber that produces beautifully blue pea-like flowers with striking white-yellow throats. This variety is used in natural medicine as it contains a range of natural compounds believed to be effective in relieving stress and providing a range of other health benefits. Clitoria Ternatea Blue Butterfly Pea is perfect for growing along fences, on a trellis, throughout an established tree or many other applications, as the evergreen foliage provides a consistently stunning display, unlike many other climbers that very quickly get quite wood and either need to be removed or at least pruned. The flowers of Clitoria Ternatea Blue Butterfly Pea are very long lasting and provide a spectacular display over an extended period in both garden & landscape settings. Clitoria Ternatea Blue Butterfly Pea is a very strong garden performer which is both drought and frost tolerant once established, requires very little maintenance and is very resilient towards many common pests and diseases.
Advantages of Clitoria Ternatea Blue Butterfly Pea
- Beautiful blue (pea-like) flowers
- Fast growing climber
- Hardy evergreen climbing plant
- Medicinal (natural) uses
- Hardy & easy to grow
- 1 - 2m height at maturity
- 1m apart is suitable planting distance
- Suitable for part-shade and full sun
- Drought & frost tolerant (once established)
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Perennial plant fully mature in 2 years
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Clitoria Ternatea Blue Butterfly Pea
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes