Climbing Bean Purple King is a very popular climbing purple bean variety that produces heavy yields of long flat purple beans approximately 17-18cm in length. This variety is a favourite for the home vegie-garden, as it is very easy to grow, so the kids can get involved, and best of all, the harvested beans are highly nutritious. These beans will also fascinate the kids as they quickly change from purple to green during the cooking process, hence the common name, Magic Bean. What better way to get the kids to put the computer games down for a minute, and get them interested in gardening? The Purple King variety also grows well with our favourite dwarf bean variety Cherokee Wax. Climbing Bean Purple King is also often referred to as Purple Wax, Blue Coco or Magic Bean.
Advantages of Climbing Bean Purple King
- Climbing variety producing bunches of beans all over the trellis
- Early harvest variety (8 - 9 weeks from sowing)
- Heavy producer
- 150cm height at maturity, if grown on a trellis
- 15 - 20cm apart is suitable planting distance
- fast-growing annual vegetable
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best direct seeded into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Climbing Bean Purple King
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes