Chrysanthemum Hera Double Mix is a modern Chrysanthemum variety that produces very large double and semi-double flowers that are often grown as cut flowers due to their relatively long stems and long-lasting performance. Chrysanthemum Hera Double Mix a mix of mostly pure-coloured varieties that flower in bright shades of mostly, pink, red, purple, orange, yellow and white. In Australia, most modern Chrysanthemum varieties (including Chrysanthemum Hera Double Mix) typically flower in Autumn, as the weathers starts to turn (colder). Given the timing of flowering, Chrysanthemum flowers are popular for Mothers Day (in May). Chrysanthemum Hera Double Mix is a perennial variety, so once the Gerbera plants have died-off in the Autumn, and the Winter bulbs are not up yet, Chrysanthemum plants are there to pick up the task of filling your garden with colour. Chrysanthemum Hera Double Mix is completely dedicated to providing you with huge bunches of flowers, so much so that the plant should be trimmed (when picking/cutting) flowers few centimetres above the soil, so the plant remains somewhat dormant over the cooler months and bounces back in Spring with a fresh coverage of the distinct silvery green foliage. Unlike many of the rust-prone single white Chrysanthemum varieties that have poor stand (flower stem fall over), Chrysanthemum Hera Double Mix is sure to impress even the most fussy Chrysanthemum grower.
Advantages of Chrysanthemum Hera Double Mix
- Extra bright and large flowers
- Double and semi-double flowers suitable for cutting
- Premium modern variety
- Bright flowers on single stems
- 40 - 50cm height at maturity
- 25 - 30cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Prefers at least a little shade but can cope with full sun
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia (prefers temperate environments over sub-tropics)
- Hardy Autumn flowering perennial
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Chrysanthemum Hera Double Mix
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes