Chrysanthemum Daisy Shasta is a perennial bush daisy growing into a round mound typically around 50cm tall with a similar width, covered in a mass of showy large white flowers with the distinctive yellow centres. As a particularly hardy perennial plant, Chrysanthemum Daisy Shasta is a great option for many difficult spots in the garden such as up against the back fence, beside a driveway, as this variety handles neglect quite well. Chrysanthemum Daisy Shasta requires very little maintenance, is reasonably drought and frost tolerant and does its best to flower from Spring through to Autumn, thereby providing cheerful colour essentially all year round. The classic white (with yellow centre) daisy flowers of Chrysanthemum Daisy Shasta are borne on 30-40cm stems, making bunches of the Shasta Daisy a quick and easy addition to any flower bouquet. Chrysanthemum Daisy Shasta is a member of the Asteracea family and is actually a hybrid between two different daisies (Leucanthemum x superbum) and is therefore not a true Chrysanthemum, but rather a hardy perennial daisy providing brilliant year round colour.
Advantages of Chrysanthemum Daisy Shasta
- Classic white (with yellow centre) daisy flowers
- Flowers suitable for cutting
- Perennial daisy variety
- Hardy drought tolerant variety
- 50 - 60cm height at maturity
- 30 - 45cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Prefers at least a little shade but can cope with full sun
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia (prefers temperate environments over sub-tropics)
- Hardy Summer flowering perennial
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Chrysanthemum Daisy Shasta
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes