Chlorophytum Sierra Leone Lily (also known as Fireflash, Spider Plant or Chlorophytum Orchidastrum) is a tender perennial native to West Africa, particularly Sierra Leone. This exotic, tropical-looking plant with brilliant lush foliage contrasted with mango orange stems, is a popular choice for shady aspects in warmer regions, as well as a staple for indoor plant gardeners, not just as a common houseplant, but often adorning the lobby of hotels and office spaces. This variety is often used in tropical landscapes, as a filler plant underneath large plants such as palms where it is generally quite shady and dry, a challenging aspect where most plants would struggle, but Chlorophytum Sierra Leone Lily thrives. Chlorophytum Sierra Leone Lily is generally quite easy to grow and virtually requires no maintenance and only very little water and infrequent fertilisation. It is generally a good idea to allow the soil to dry before watering again, as this variety can experience rot if it is subjected to prolonged periods of excessive moisture.
Advantages of Chlorophytum Sierra Leone Lily
- Stunning orange stems
- Lush exotic tropical foliage
- Popular choice for pots and shade
- Generally grown in tropics and warmer climates, or indoors in cooler climates
- 30 - 40 cm height at maturity
- 50 cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers indirect light, but can tolerate part-shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most warmer regions of Australia
- Easy to grow tender perennial
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Chlorophytum Sierra Leone Lily
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes