Chilli Spici Serrano is a popular heavy yielding variety of hot chilli pepper. This vigorous variety produces hot, thick, red chilli peppers, which are perfect used in cooking, salsa, pickles as well as for drying. On a scale of 1 to 10 the heat from this chilli is around a 7, so perfect for the cook who likes a bit of heat in the kitchen! The heat is usually somewhere between a jalapeno and a cayenne pepper. These chillies are very vigorous and heavy bearing, so are sure to provide an extremely rewarding experience for any gardener. Marigolds can be inter-planted with this chilli variety, as they act as a natural insect pest repellent, please visit our store for more details.
Advantages of Chilli Spici Serrano
- Heavy fruiting variety
- Excellent for home-gardeners
- Hot and thick bright red smooth flesh
- Fruit can be dried
- Suited for pickling
- Extremely heavy yielding variety, with months of continual harvesting
- Generally vigorous plant, provided it has sufficient nutrition.
- 60 - 80cm branching bush at maturity
- 50 - 60cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Requires full sun
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy spring, summer, autumn vegetable (avoid winter frosts)
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Chilli Spici Serrano
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes