If you are after a fun chilli variety to grow, then you have to give Chilli Fruta Lila a go. Whilst the growing might be fun and games, things get serious when it comes to taste as this variety has a relatively hot flavour. Chilli Fruta Lila is a newly released heavy yielding variety of hot chilli cayenne pepper. This impressive variety produces long and hot chilli peppers that start off green and lilac, turning purple, and eventually red as they ripen. Whilst occasionally a yellow chilli may make an appearance, this variety predominantly produces green, purple and red fruit that are perfect for use in a range fresh and cooked dishes. The plants typically crop within 6 - 10 weeks, and for several months will produce an abundance of chilli peppers, which if left unpicked, in a few weeks time turn the stunning and hot red colour. The plants are relatively compact growing for a chilli plant, with typical height reaching 40cm, but 50cm+ not uncommon. On a scale of 1 to 10 the heat from this chili is around a 5, so a medium hotness chili, or in more technical terms around 5,000 - 10,000 Scoville units. These chilies are very vigorous and heavy bearing, so are sure to provide an extremely rewarding experience for any gardener. Marigolds can be inter-planted with this chilli variety, as they act as a natural insect pest repellent, please visit our store for more details.
Advantages of Chilli Fruta Lila
- Heavy fruiting variety, medium hot
- Excellent for home-gardeners
- Striking green & purple fruit, turning red
- Suited for range of cooking and pickling
- Extremely heavy yielding variety, with months of continual harvesting
- Generally vigorous plant, provided it has sufficient nutrition.
- 40 - 50cm branching bush at maturity
- 40 - 50cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Requires full sun
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy spring, summer, autumn vegetable (avoid winter frosts)
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Chilli Fruta Lila
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes