Chili Jalapeno Gran Chile is a popular heavy yielding variety of hot chilli pepper. This popular variety produces hot, thick, flat-ended green and red chilli peppers, which are perfect for use in cooking, salsa and pickles. The plants crops within 6 - 8 weeks, and for several months will produce an abundance of green peppers, which if left unpicked, in a few weeks time turn the stunning and hot red colour. The plants are relatively tall growing for a chili plant, with typical height reaching 70cm, but 80cm+ not uncommon. On a scale of 1 to 10 the heat from this chili is around a 5, so a medium hotness chili, or in more technical terms around 5,000 - 10,000 Scoville units. These chilies are very vigorous and heavy bearing, so are sure to provide an extremely rewarding experience for any gardener. Marigolds can be inter-planted with this chilli variety, as they act as a natural insect pest repellent, please visit our store for more details.
Advantages of Chili Jalapeno Gran Chile
- Heavy fruiting variety, medium hot
- Excellent for home-gardeners
- Thick green and eventually bright red smooth flesh
- Suited for range of cooking and pickling
- Extremely heavy yielding variety, with months of continual harvesting
- Generally vigorous plant, provided it has sufficient nutrition.
- 60 - 80cm branching bush at maturity
- 50 - 60cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Requires full sun
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy spring, summer, autumn vegetable (avoid winter frosts)
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Chili Jalapeno Gran Chile
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes