Carrot Scarlet Nantes Organic is a popular heirloom carrot variety grown for its sweet and crisp harvest, with the root vegetables typically growing 15-16cm, and the late harvests often producing carrots approaching 20cm long! Whilst Carrot Scarlet Nantes Organic is often grown by market gardeners as either a bunching carrot or a storage carrot, home gardeners can use this is a highly versatile variety; the small Carrot Scarlet Nantes Organic plants colour up nice and early, ensuring not only will they keep the little ones captivated nice and early, but the carrots are harvestable unusually early (within 6-7 weeks) as baby carrots. Carrot Scarlet Nantes Organic is also a popular choice for juicing as the almost non-existent core, means this variety produces a lot more juice and a whole lot less pulp. Carrot Scarlet Nantes Organic, like all carrots is often cited as the perfect health food as they are not only crunchy and tasty, but highly nutritious. Carrots are a very good source of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K, potassium and antioxidants. Carrot Scarlet Nantes Organic is a species of Daucus carota.
Advantages of Carrot Scarlet Nantes Organic
- Easy to grow
- Super sweet & crisp with almost no core
- Super versatile root vegetable
- Harvestable early as baby carrots
- Excellent for home-gardeners
- Harvest in around 10 weeks
- 15 - 18cm* carrots with 20cm foliage (late season carrots can grow to almost 20cm)
- 2-3cm apart is suitable planting distance with thinning out to 5cm spacing
- Grows well in range of climates but avoid extremes
- Easy to grow edible root vegetable
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Carrot Scarlet Nantes Organic
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes