This premium variety, Capsicum Long Sweet Yellow Pepper is a modern hybrid cultivar variety. Unlike the heirloom varieties that produce irregularly shaped fruit that shrivel by the time they ripen (yellow), Capsicum Long Sweet Yellow Pepper is a hybrid, a variety grown by commercial growers to produce large, long-lasting and long-shaped, crunchy sweet capsicum (pepper) fruit. This variety produces dozens of sweet peppers, which actually taste the way peppers should! Fragrant, crunchy, sweet and juicy with a crisp texture, unlike the rubbery pulp the supermarkets call capsicum these days! The large sweet fruit of Capsicum Long Sweet Yellow Pepper is great for a range of dishes including for stuffing, to liven up salads as well as adding to stir-frys where the sweet addition of Capsicum Long Sweet Yellow Pepper fruits provide a stunningly sweet addition to liven things up! This variety does best if it is in a sunny spot in the garden and the leaves to remain dry during watering. Marigolds can be inter-planted with this capsicum variety, as they act as a natural insect pest repellent, please visit our store for more details.
Advantages of Capsicum Long Sweet Yellow Pepper
- Long sweet pepper fruiting variety
- Sweet, crunchy and juicy yellow fruit with crisp flesh
- Extremely heavy yielding variety, with months of continual harvesting
- Generally vigorous plant, provided it has sufficient nutrition, particularly phosphorus
- 30 - 50cm height at maturity
- 40 - 50cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Requires full sun
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy Spring, Summer, Autumn vegetable (avoid winter frosts)
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Capsicum Long Sweet Yellow Pepper
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes