This premium variety, Capsicum Bell Yellow is a modern hybrid cultivar variety. Unlike the heirloom varieties that produce small fruit that shrivel by the time they ripen, Capsicum Bell Yellow is a hybrid, a variety grown by commercial growers to produce large thick-walled, long-lasting bell-shaped, crunchy sweet capsicum fruit. This variety produces more than a dozen 3-4 lobed fruit, which actually taste the way capsicum should! Fragrant, crunchy, sweet and juicy with a crisp texture, unlike the rubbery pulp the supermarkets call capsicum these days! The large sweet fruit of Capsicum Bell Yellow is great for a range of dishes including stir-frys where the sweet addition of Capsicum Bell Yellow fruits provide a stunningly sweet addition to liven things up! This variety does best if it is in a sunny spot in the garden and the leaves to remain dry during watering. Marigolds can be inter-planted with this capsicum variety, as they act as a natural insect pest repellent, please visit our store for more details.
Advantages of Capsicum Bell Yellow
- Large fruiting variety
- Sweet, crunchy and juicy yellow fruit with crisp flesh
- Extremely heavy yielding variety, with months of continual harvesting
- Generally vigorous plant, provided it has sufficient nutrition, particularly phosphorus
- 30 - 50cm height at maturity
- 40 - 50cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Requires full sun
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy Spring, Summer, Autumn vegetable (avoid winter frosts)
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Capsicum Bell Yellow
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes