Campsis Flame Trumpet Vine is a vigorous evergreen climber with glossy dark green leaves that produces beautifully large trumpet-shaped bright orange flowers. The flowers are very long lasting and provide a spectacular display over the warmer months, generally from late Winter, right through to the onset of the cooler weather. Unlike many creeping vine varieties, Campsis Flame Trumpet Vine is great at attaching itself to structures with its own tendrils. Whilst this is great if it is growing up against a trellis, if you only have a very small garden and don't need a vine growing inside your garden shed or over your fences, it mat be best to consider a more compact vine such as a Pandorea. The variety Campsis Flame Trumpet Vine is a modern variety which provides superior performance as a hardy, reliable and consistent performer, in a range of applications in the garden and around structures where it is intended to climb or cover.
Campsis Flame Trumpet Vine is most suited to a full sun aspect and is perfect for growing along fences, on a trellis, throughout an established tree or many other applications, as the evergreen foliage provides a consistently stunning display, unlike many other climbers that very quickly get quite woody and either need to be removed or at least pruned quite heavily.
Advantages of Campsis Flame Trumpet Vine
- Beautiful trumpet-shaped orange flowers
- Stunning glossy green foliage
- Fast growing climber
- Hardy evergreen climbing plant
- 2 - 5m height (width) at maturity
- 1m+ apart is suitable planting distance
- Suitable for part-shade and full sun
- Drought tolerant (once established)
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Perennial plant fully mature in 2 - 3 years
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Campsis Flame Trumpet Vine
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes