California Poppy Ballerina Mix is a mix of brightly coloured double flowering varieties, including pink, red orange, yellow and white varieties, borne on beautifully compact tufted plants. The flowers of this heavy flowering variety produce a gentle but alluring fragrance, sure to capture the attention of anybody who briskly walks past these beautiful plants.
California Poppy Ballerina Mix consists of modern cultivar varieties of Eschscholzia, more commonly known as the genus that includes all California Poppy varieties. Whilst California Poppy Ballerina Mix is generally grown as an annual, this variety is often known to become naturalised in established cottage style gardens, particularly in southern Australia through the natural self-seeding process.
Advantages of California Poppy Ballerina Mix
- Spectacularly beautiful crinkly edged double flowers
- Amazingly bright pink, red, orange, yellow and white flowers
- Easy to grow and used in massed displays
- Gentle fragrance
- Attracts butterflies and birds
- Long lasting flower and extended flowering
- 20 - 30cm height at maturity
- 25 - 30cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most temperate regions of Australia
- This variety is not suitable for the humid tropics or sub-tropics
- Hardy Summer flowering annual
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of California Poppy Ballerina Mix
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes