California Poppy Apricot Chiffon is a modern poppy cultivar bred specifically for the bright flame yellow - orange - red flowers borne on beautifully compact tufted plants. The flowers of this heavy flowering variety produce a gentle but alluring fragrance, sure to capture the attention of anybody who briskly walks past these beautiful plants. California Poppy Apricot Chiffon is a modern cultivar variety of Eschscholzia, more commonly known as the genus that includes all California Poppy varieties. Whilst California Poppy Apricot Chiffon is generally grown as an annual, this variety is often known to become naturalised in established cottage style gardens, particularly in southern Australia through the natural self-seeding process.
Advantages of California Poppy Apricot Chiffon
- Spectacularly beautiful flame orange flowers
- Easy to grow and used in massed displays
- Gentle fragrance
- Attracts butterflies and birds
- Long lasting flower and extended flowering
- 20 - 30cm height at maturity
- 25 - 30cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most temperate regions of Australia
- This variety is not suitable for the humid tropics or sub-tropics
- Hardy summer flowering annual
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of California Poppy Apricot Chiffon
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes