There is bonsai wire, then there is this professional-grade pure copper bonsai wire. In recent years many cheap and nasty bonsai wires have flooded the marketplace, many are made of alloys of much weaker aluminium, with some quite nasty coatings (some include lead, mercury, cadmium and other nasties) that flake-off with bending, even some imitations where cheap aluminium wire is coated with copper to give the appearance of premium copper wire.
At The Climbing Fig, we do our best to remain true to the art of bonsai, a process that involves using pure and sustainable materials to craft that living and unique piece of art. Traditional as well as current bonsai masters alike, all choose to use pure copper wire, to ply their bonsai craft, because of its strength, pliability and rework-ability. Depending on the age and stage of development of the bonsai plant, bonsai professionals may choose to use raw copper wire, or an annealed copper wire, to achieve best results.
The copper wire we have available here is not likely to be enough to rewire the electricity grid of Sydney or Melbourne, however it is of a very high purity (99.9%) and will not only help in training your bonsai plants to your desired shape, but will also add immense class and style to your next project, with its unmistakable colour. The use of copper wire basically demonstrates you know what you are doing, and you have not just purchased a $20 knock-off bonsai from a run-of-the-mill hardware store, but you are indeed a master in the making!
What we love about this Copper Bonsai Wire
- STRONG - tough wire for training bonsai
- PROFESSIONAL - 99.9% pure copper (genuine jewellery grade)
- STYLISH - add style & class to your bonsai
- SOFT ANNEALED - easily shape wire without damage to plant
Product Details and Specifications
- This pure copper wire has a thickness (gauge) of 0.5mm
- If you are working with more mature bonsai trees, you might require a thicker gauge of wire, depending on the particular application. Refer to our bonsai accessories section.
This listing is for the copper bonsai wire only and excludes any spool or plants such as those provided in the photos for illustrative purposes.
What am I Purchasing?
- Professional grade Copper Bonsai Wire, of selected wire gauge (diameter) and length