Betula Pendula Alba Silver Birch - Ivory™ is a stunningly beautiful tree native to Europe, Siberia and into southwest Asia, however is widely cultivated globally in typically cooler climates as a brilliant specimen tree (multiple plantings, i.e. driveway), informal screening tree or as a charming bonsai specimen, as the ornate silver bark, fine branching and soft foliage combine to provide a beautiful display through the seasons.
In the northern hemisphere, silver birch trees are often planted near house windows where they filter out the harsh sun during the warmer months, provide a beautiful display of green/yellow foliage in the Autumn and allow plenty of natural light during Winter, when the plants are also showing off their beautifully texture white bark.
Whilst Betula Pendula Alba Silver Birch - Ivory™ is suitable for pots, rockeries, rural/acreage/estate and other garden situations, Betula Pendula Alba Silver Birch - Ivory™ is most suitable as a stunning bonsai specimen
Advantages of Betula Pendula Alba Silver Birch - Ivory™
- Highly ornamental and ornate birch tree
- Cultivar ideally suited for bonsai
- Easy to grow and low maintenance
- 3 - 4m height in the first 5-years, but may grow much larger as the tree matures
- 1m apart is a suitable planting distance for screening or further apart as a specimen
- As a bonsai the plant can easily be kept at a height of 20 - 30cm for 30years+
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of southern Australia
- Hardy deciduous tree
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Betula Pendula Alba Silver Birch - Ivory™
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes