The variety Bergenia Red Emperor™ is a modern hybrid variety of Bergenia. Whilst the pink varieties of Bergenia are relatively common, the red varieties are extremely rare as the red flowers are amazingly beautiful, but generally sterile therefore do not produce seeds.
This spectacular rare red flowering variety produces multiple flower heads at a time throughout most of the year and when it is not flowering the beautiful glossy leaves provide a elegant touch to any landscape.
Bergenia Red Emperor™ is an early flowering hybrid variety producing masses of long-lasting flowers on compact plants that are either grown by commercial pot plant growers supplying the premium indoor and exotic plant markets. Unlike the common species varieties that produce irregular and varied plant and floral characteristics, the cultivar Bergenia Red Emperor™ is a proven, first class, top performer.
Whilst Bergenia plants are not necessarily the easiest flowers to grow (particularly germinate as the seeds are tiny), provided the seeds are sown after the last frosts, the floral rewards they provide are second to none. In order to ensure you maximise your chances of success, use of The Climbing Fig™ Seed Starter-Pack™ available at our eBay store, can also assist in improving germination success.
Advantages of Bergenia Red Emperor™
- Stunningly beautiful and elegant red flowers
- Commercial grade hybrid cultivar
- Classic and elegant compact plant
- Early flowering season
- 25 - 30cm height at maturity
- 25 - 30cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Prefers part shade aspect
- Suitable for pots in most regions of Australia
- Can be grown as a perennial in most regions
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Bergenia Red Emperor™
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes