The Begonia varieties in the Nonstop® Range developed by leading German plant breeder Benary have won countless prestigious awards and are considered the gold-standard for bedding Begonia plants. Begonia Nonstop® Range is a premium hybrid variety of tuberous begonia (Begonia tuberhybrida) grown for its classically beautiful flowers in enduring bursts of bright red, pink, orange, yellow and white, set against the glossy deep green leaves.
Begonia Nonstop® Range is a compact dwarf variety which means that it will grow to about 30cm to the top of the flowers, but will not grow much larger like many of the traditional species varieties commonly grown in cottage gardens. Begonia Nonstop® Range is a premium heavy flowering variety of begonia tolerant of infrequent watering and is most commonly grown in garden beds as a bedding plant or in pots. Whilst Begonia Nonstop® Range can be grown as a semi-hardy perennial, it is considered an annual in regions subject to frost.
Seeds of the Begonia Nonstop® Range are supplied in the form of commercial-grade pelletised seeds for ease of handing and ensure improved germination results. Like most pelletised seeds, seeds of the Begonia Nonstop® Range are best started-off in small (~30mm) coir Jiffy pellets, ideally inside a suitable Plant Propagation Kit.
Advantages of Begonia Nonstop® Range
- Excellent bedding colour with dark green leaves
- Brightly coloured flowers in spectacular shades of red, orange, yellow, pink, white and more
- Modern F1 hybrid variety (supplied as premium pelletised seeds)
- Semi-hardy tuberous begonia perennial
- Extra-low maintenance (suitable for borders, pots and mass plantings)
- 25 - 30cm height at maturity
- 25 - 30cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Flowers most spectacularly in Spring and Autumn
- Suitable for part-shade and full sun
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia (prefers cooler environments)
- Semi-hardy perennial that is frost-sensitive
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in ~30mm Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium pelletised seeds of Begonia Nonstop® Mix, of selected pack type
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes