This product is available in a range of colour and pack sizes. In order to ensure you receive the best value, click on the drop-down box at the top of this listing to select a larger pack size.
The Begonia varieties in the Nightlife Range developed by leading German plant breeder Benary have won countless prestigious awards and are considered the gold-standard for wax-leafed bedding Begonia varieties. Begonia Nightlife Range is a premium hybrid variety of wax begonia (Begonia semperflorens-Hybrids) grown for its classically beautiful flowers in enduring bursts of bright red, pink and white, set against the glossy deep bronze leaves.
Begonia Nightlife Range is a compact dwarf variety which means that it will grow to about 23cm to the top of the flowers (but will not grow much larger like many of the traditional species varieties commonly grown in cottage gardens), making it an ideal choice for use as a border. Begonia Nightlife Range is a premium heavy flowering variety of begonia tolerant of infrequent watering and is most commonly grown in garden beds as a bedding plant or in pots. Whilst Begonia Nightlife Range can be grown as a semi-hardy perennial, it is considered an annual in regions subject to frost.
Seeds of the Begonia Nightlife Range are supplied in the form of commercial-grade pelletised seeds for ease of handing and ensure improved germination results. Like most pelletised seeds, seeds of the Begonia Nightlife Range are best started-off in small (~30mm) coir Jiffy pellets, ideally inside a suitable Plant Propagation Kit.
Advantages of Begonia Nightlife Range
- Excellent bedding colour with dark bronze leaves
- Brightly coloured flowers in spectacular shades of red, pink and white
- Modern F1 hybrid variety (supplied as premium pelletised seeds)
- Semi-hardy begonia grown as annual
- Extra-low maintenance (suitable for borders, pots and mass plantings)
- 20 - 23cm height at maturity
- 18 - 25cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Flowers most spectacularly in Spring and Autumn
- Suitable for part-shade and full sun
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia (prefers cooler environments)
- Semi-hardy annual that is frost-sensitive
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in ~30mm Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium pelletised seeds of Begonia Nightlife Range
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes