Beaucarnea Recurvata Ponytail Palm is a very popular shrub/tree often grown in a range of landscape applications for its beautiful strappy green leaves, ornate textured bark on the stems and trunk and of course, the stunningly beautiful bulbous base that can take on a range of shapes, although most often round. Beaucarnea Recurvata Ponytail Palm does well in pots, rockeries and wide range of gardens and is very drought tolerant, making a favourite for pots around pools or on balconies where established plants are expected to survive with very little water or attention. The beautiful glossy foliage makes this variety a great addition to any garden as the bold texture provides great contrast, and can be used quite effectively in softening (from a landscape design perspective) hard surfaces such as steps, edging or a fence-line. As Beaucarnea Recurvata Ponytail Palm is very hardy and maintenance free, it is often used in mass plantings in public spaces as it is a reliable performer.
Advantages of Beaucarnea Recurvata Ponytail Palm
- Popular variety of pony tail (Beaucarnea)
- Stunning basal trunk
- Drought-tolerant perennial
- Hardy and robust shrub/tree
- 3 - 4 m height at maturity, although in rare cases can get taller
- 2 -3 m apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will tolerate part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow evergreen tree
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Beaucarnea Recurvata Ponytail Palm
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes