Black-eyed peas are a traditional variety of heirloom bean grown throughout many regions of the world, not just for its throwback flavour of yesteryear, but for its much praised nutrition. A serving of dry black-eyed beans consists of approximately 5% fibre, 3% protein as well as many minerals and vitamins (particularly B-group), so it's quite a nutritious vegetable. This versatile bean variety is a great choice for the vegetable garden, as the green beans can be used as green beans in a salad or a side, with the mature (dry) beans suitable for a range of culinary delights. The Bean Black Eyed Peas is a relatively fast growing and heavy yielding bean variety. This particular variety has improved resistance to wilt, so the plants should last a lot longer than some of the older varieties that can struggle with any sign of humidity or moisture on the leaves.
Advantages of Bean Black Eyed Peas
- Heavy yielding variety producing bunches of beans
- Early harvest variety (8 - 9 weeks from sowing)
- Very heavy producer
- 40-50cm height at maturity, can get taller
- 20 - 30cm apart is suitable planting distance
- fast-growing annual vegetable
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best direct seeded into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Bean Black Eyed Peas
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes